Friday, July 08, 2005

The neighborhood
















Our closest neighbor is some ways away. The walk does me good.

I am trying to start new habits. You never break old habits. You just replace them and the old habits vanish. I am starting distance walking and hopefully late night munching will disappear. If I keep farmer's hours, early to bed and early to rise, I won't have the time for late night snacks.

I have walked before, very successfully. That was 40 lbs ago. It does work and I have a perfect place to walk. Just beyond the few houses here, is the State Forest. I walked to the forest,today . I walked to Lake road to the little lake and thru the woods and it tracked back to the road. Daisy Mae loves it and then she sleeps the rest of the day. I am just clocking time now, later I will do distance. Yesterday was 55 minutes, today was 70 minutes. Getting a little lost can really eat up the time. I walk without music. I am still marking my surroundings, with sight and sound.

Just 5 years ago, I walked the Alaska Mid - Night Sun Marathon. It was my only marathon. One is enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miz said...

That lovely pasture need a few Alpaca. They have such sweet faces and you can knit Daisy sweaters from the fur!!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home